- How and why have USDA nutritional guidelines changed over the years?
- What is the difference between USDA current Pyramid, Mediterranean Traditional Pyramid, and Asian Traditional Pyramid?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of each diet? (i.e., health challenges – cancer, stroke, etc)
- How do heredity, climate, ethnic, and cultural influences influence dietary needs?
- Underlying factors: quality of produce (organic/inorganic, how food is processed, etc)
- Diabetes is rampant, both in our community, and in the U.S. It also leads to other health challenges. What diet is best for that health challenge?
WHERE: AgeSong at Bayside Park, Emeryville
WHAT: MEDITERRANEAN EVENING
WHEN: 6:30 to 8:00 pm
AgeSong at Bayside Park | 1440 40th Street, Emeryville, California 94608 | 510-594-8800 | License # 015601452
AgeSong Assisted Living and Elder Communities: Locations throughout the Bay Area, including San Francisco and the East Bay: San Francisco-Hayes Valley • San Francisco-Laguna Grove • Oakland-Lake Merritt • Oakland-Lakeside Park • Emeryville-Bayside Park • Castro Valley-OakCreek